Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ma Maison et Mes Cours

So after a long and anxious wait I finally found out what my classes are going to be and where I'm going to live in Paris last week! I'm going to be living in the 14th arrondissement on the left bank which is a 10 minute metro ride to the heart of Paris. I'll be on the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris campus which houses over 2000 students from around the world situated in different 'houses' or dorms designed by the countries native architects. The American house is right across the street from Parc Montsouris! I will be spending a lot of time there. The campus looks beautiful and is designed in a very french manner which is awesome and one of my favorite styles. 




I will be learning the strengths of the Parisian culture in Oenology: The History, Culture and Business of Wine, Haute Couture in Paris: History of Style and Fashion, History of Paris: An Architectural Perspective, and the french language itself. So by the time I'm done with my courses I hope to know how to read the wine bible at Piero Selvaggio Valentino's restaurant in Vegas at the Venetian (and actually understand what I want and why) and know how to make wine, and how to sell and market it. I also hope to learn the process of design from the french fashion designers and attempt to apply that to the landscape. While roaming the streets of Paris I can point out architectural elements and know the reason for the design and know the time period of when it was built. I hope to advance my sketching abilities while sketching architectural and landscape pieces in Paris and abroad. And finally, I hope by the end of my stay that I can speak with the natives without major difficulty. 


I am very excited for this experience and can't wait to see how it will unravel. I pre-packed last night and am pushing 50 pounds in my suitcase but I think I'll manage and put some things in my carry on. I'm actually thrilled about living out of just a suitcase. The only thing left to do now is wait, play some golf, and do as many American things I can think of until Sunday.

test pack

No comments:

Post a Comment